McFarren Aviles & Associates offers early childhood programs stand-alone or a series of engaging and participatory workshops in English and/or Spanish. We specialize in topics related to infant toddler development and family child care settings.
Our workshops facilitate early child educator to put into practice the vast amount of research and state of the art holistic early childhood theory. We build upon the knowledge and skills of the participants and respond to the needs of programs working with vulnerable populations and diverse settings.
Through our workshops, participants build connections with colleagues and increase their knowledge through adult learner based strategies that empowers and acknowledged their critical role in the lives of very young children. Participants engage in meaningful conversations and reflections of their own practices in a safe learning environment.
Workshop topics are tailored to the unique needs of your program and related to a variety of topics, including:
- Setting up responsive learning environments,
- Understanding child development from birth to 3 years of age
- Positive approaches to supporting approaches to learning, social/emotional, cognitive and language development.
- Building investigative and reflective competencies for a responsive learning environment
- Really getting to know children for an effective observation and assessment cycle that leads to intentional documentation and planning
- Implementing dual language strategies
- Building leadership skills of early childhood professionals
- Setting up a professional development system to foster and sustain quality programs
- What it takes to build skills, competencies and dispositions of early childhood professionals in a quality program
- Synergetic effect achieved by integrating care, development, participation (agency), and protection.
- Strength Base Coaching Framework – (SBCF), building the next generation of bilingual coaches.
McFarren Aviles & Associates, LLC offers customized services that achieve sustainable positive change in practices and increases program quality. Each of the following offerings can either be provided as a stand-alone service, or combined to form a comprehensive package.
- Responsive and Engaging Workshop
- Strength-based coaching
- Continuous Quality assessment and Participatory Research
If you are looking to increase knowledge and competency of your staff we would love to hear from you.
To start the conversation please visit my contact page and fill in the details.